Sunday, March 17, 2013

We are the lucky ones




Today my husband and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. We got married on St. Patty's Day of 2008. It was a day very similar to today. Kind of rainy dreary and a bit cold but such a beautiful day!
I am so blessed to be married to my best friend. He is the one I lean on and the father of my child. He is everything.
Today was just a reminder of everything that holds us together. We were so wanting that perfect day. Haha with us never a dull moment.
We started out really well, brunch with little babe and then a nice nap. Moving on to running errands and having a snack at Barnes and Noble. Dane always makes dinner on our anniversary so we also made a trip to the store for "supplies" as he called it. This is where our hopeful perfect day went south.... I lost one of my earrings. When we got home I realized it was gone. I even called the store to see if anyone had turned it in. No luck. Next Dane smoked up the house trying to heat the pan burning the butter in it. Then by mistake I put pumpkin spice season in the mashed potatoes instead of black pepper. Oh there is more. Dane was cooking the steaks in the oven (a food network recipe) and over did them a bit. We could not find our meat thermometer. Worst of all I went to make gravy after he got the pan out of the oven and I grabbed the handle. Ugggh burning my hand and my fingers.
I have to tell you even though it was not the evening we had planed on having it was ok because we were with each other. We just looked at each other and had to laugh. Thank god we ended it on a high note. One of our family friends had given us a bottle of champagne so we had a nice little toast and some fruit and chocolate.
Today as in a marriage days will sometimes be bad and sometimes be good. The most important this is that you get through it together. You fix the bad parts and end with a good one. Help each other and laugh with each other. Above all else love every moment that you get to spend with your loved ones. Sometimes it's work but it is worth the overtime. We are the lucky ones. I only hope that everyone just once can experience the love that I am lucky enough to have. My husband and my son are truly my greatest joys.


-until our next adventure
cassandsully

No comments:

Post a Comment