Sunday, March 3, 2013

Willie Nelson and I

So about 30 some years ago I saw Willie Nelson in concert. I believe it was at Silver Dollar City. I was really little maybe 2. I remember it vaguely. To this day however it was a monumental occasion. Not only was it my first concert but Willie Nelson himself shook my hand. My mom tells me that he and I had a moment. My love for Willie and good classic county music continues to this day. I love music in general, Willie however is the one who started it all.
So this coming week is another date I will forever remember. As will Sulliven I hope! Dane and I are taking him to see Willie Nelson in concert. It will be Sulliven's first concert and I could not be happier. He is about the same age I was when I first saw Willie. It is going to be a very proud moment in my life. I am beyond excited. I truly hope that Sulliven will be as excited to tell people who his first concert was just like how I feel. My only wish for the evening is that somehow I can get Willie to shake Sullivens hand too. That would make this story so much sweeter.
It will be ..... To be continued.....


-until our next adventure
cassandsully

1 comment:

  1. Ok guys... So my mom informed me that it was in fact worlds of fun and not silver dollar city where I saw Willie the first time. :) just getting my facts straight.

    ReplyDelete