Thursday, February 28, 2013

Read to me




One of my favorite things to do with little babe is to read with him. It gives me so much joy seeing him look at the pictures and now he even recognizes pictures and points to them. He will say dog and show me the dog. It's crazy how quickly it happens.
When we brought him home from the hospital he had a full library waiting for him. I love books (not a huge adult book reader but I could find hundreds of kids books I love) so every time I saw one that looked good when I was pregnant I had to get it. He also has a lot of family members who know how important reading is. Especially Grannys and Grammys. So needless to say he had his choice.
He and I have really got into a reading routine. He grabs a book he wants to read and he will bring it over to me and then I will grab him give him a big kiss and we start reading. He likes to sit right next to me or on my lap. It just depends. I love this time we have together. He is such a busy guy that when he does want to read (and be still and snuggling) I gladly read! He has his favorites as I am sure most little ones do but I actually really like his favorites too. It may be because they were the ones I read him the most when he was just a little babe. I am not sure.
It doesn't matter to me I just like to spend the time with him. Sometimes like in the picture above you need an extra friend to read to. That is Eiddith she likes to listen. We read to the dogs too!
When I do Sulliven's list of favorite things I will include his reading list.
Have a great night and don't forget to read a bedtime story to your little one or your dog or just to yourself.

-until our next adventure
cassandsully

No comments:

Post a Comment