Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Ned and Ted relocation project

Today Ned and Ted moved into a new home. It's been about a two day moving process. Lots of nail biting and water testing.
I have had Ned and Ted since before I even knew Dane. That is why this relocation project is so scary for me. I love them and I am hopeful that they will like the new home. The old home had become infested with snails and algae.



It was horrible. I could hardly tell where they were. Not a good fishie home at all. Thus started the relocation.
Lots of testing and water regulation had to be done for a smooth move.


As well as moving slowly into the new water. They had to hang out for 15 minutes in a bag in the new water to make sure not to shock them with temperature changes.


Then adding a little water to the bag every 5 minutes or so. I have been very careful to do everything I can to make it a safe move.
Now comes the hard part... the waiting. It's always very hard to do a fishie transfer. It's very stressful on them (and me) they have to be taken from one place by net to a bag then a net again then into unfamiliar territory. Very nerve wracking. They seem to be happy though. This is them in the new place. They are very close. They never leave each others side. They have been together now for more than 6 1/2 to 7 years. They have seen lots of fish come and go and have made it through so much like a power outage and a move (our new house move). They are a huge part of me. I know crazy right, but they are. I love all my babies!


Anyway ...New rocks, new water and new things to swim around. I just hope that they like it and all goes well tonight. I pray Ned and Ted made a healthy relocation. Please be thinking of us and send some good vibes to Ned and Ted.

-until our next adventure
cassandsully

No comments:

Post a Comment