Friday, February 22, 2013

Blizzard, full tummys and happy hearts




This is a scene from today. The blizzard is over and the sun is out. We are staying warm inside together.
It is still so nice to have a snow day as an adult! I have had lots of quality time with my little babe and have been cooking a lot. I decided that today I would share our recipe for dinner.


Tonight I made crock pot chicken. So yummy and tender. I decided to put it on baked potatoes and then topped them with a little shredded cheese.



So simple to make here is the recipe
-two chicken breasts
-1 can of rotel
-1 can of black beans
- a little salsa of your choice

That is it! Put it in the crock pot together for 5 hours on low. When done you can eat it like that or put it on baked potatoes like we did. It would make a great filling for burritos or enchiladas as well.
Even though its cold outside our tummys are full and......the doctor called today and said the ol' ticker is healthy!!! He said I have a small abnormality but that lots of people have it and it is nothing to worry about. Now our tummys and our hearts are full!


-until our next adventure
cassandsully

No comments:

Post a Comment