Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The old ticker

So about two weeks ago my doc suggested that I needed a stress test. I had had a little scare about two months ago. So he scheduled it and I went. Reluctantly I went. I am not a big work out fan and the idea of running on a treadmill for any amount of time is not my idea of a good time. However I love my boys and I know I needed to do it.
Well I went and two days later my doc called me back...I thought he would tell me I was fine and I just needed to work out a little more. That's not what he said! He told me that it was abnormal and that I needed another test an echocardiogram.
So this Tuesday I went to the heart center and put on a gown got hooked up to a million wires and oh by the way with no sports bra because It would get in the way.
There I was full gown slit down the front and wires everywhere. The guy who was doing the echo came in and I laid down on the table (you have to lay on your side facing them and its kinda like a sono when your pregnant) he did the first part and then I was off to the treadmill.
Not before i made a dumb comment though. I told the guy...take your time ...I ment because I did not want to get on the treadmill... But I am afraid he thought I was getting fresh with him. Ughhhh! I felt like such a ding dong. I even said that I ment because I hated working out. Ugggh! Moving on.
After 11 grueling minutes I did the second echo portion. They rush you off the treadmill and onto the table where its boob out goop on. Yuck. That's the beauty of being a woman. It's just not convenient to an echo. Boobs tend to get in the way a bit.
Then I was done. Sent off to wait god knows how long to get results back. I will keep you posted but I am confident it's nothing a little Sulliven time can't help.


I love this boy!

-until our next adventure
cassandsully

1 comment: