Monday, March 11, 2013

What we have been eating

Lately I feel more and more like our days revolve around eating. We get up eat breakfast play eat lunch play nap and eat dinner (some snacking in between as well). It's just crazy.
Yesterday was our lazy Sunday and we started with brunch at Blue Moose.


Then we had a nap and then we had dinner. Pork roast with carrots, potatoes and green beans. Then lemon cake with lemon glaze.
My mom is such a great cook. She and my dad taught me that cooking is very important and fun! As is the whole dinning experience. I have been cooking since I was little.
I remember making dinner for my allowance. I printed out menus and I did a salad main dish and desert. I also did the waitressing. Then they paid me like a restaurant and a tip if I did really well. Haha. It was a great way to learn about cooking and money. It started my passion for food and trying new recipes.
Now as an adult I am very obsessed with good food and trying new things. I love the whole experience of cooking and eating.
So it does not surprise me that our days revolve around food. Today breakfast was toast and bananas. Then pork nachos for lunch. Dinner was soup and salad.


I love fruit in salads. I also really believe in making your own dressing. It is so much healthier.
My recipe is simple it is as follows
-a bit of olive oil
-white wine vinegar
-garlic
-Dijon mustard
-a little honey
-shallots
-a little fresh orange juice (optional) or lemon.
-pepper to taste
The soup was a yummy organic quick idea for dinner by pacific.


Little babe loved the soup. I dipped pieces of bread in it and he gobbled it up! I am so excited to share my love of cooking and eating with Sulliven. He already loves to eat. He is so good already at only 16 months at trying new things. He loves food and dipping sauces just like I do.
Cheers to you and your dinner. Hopefully you will try something new.

-until our next adventure
cassandsully

No comments:

Post a Comment